Now of course, even though it was his idea, I , the crafty one, had to make the game. We looked around for a little while for a Pin the nose on the snowman game at some stores and were met with an average price tag of about $20.00!! With is being the slow season of the year were you have to make your dollar stretch as far as you can I decided to make my own. Now of course I made the decision to make a blog after this project was already done! So I have no "in the making" photos.
This finish product cost me a total of $6.00 (including tax).
Of course as a slightly savvy shopper I purchased all I would need from the dollar store. So here is a list of what you will need for this pin the nose on the snowman.
3 Large sheets of white poster paper ($1.00 each)
1 Package standard construction paper ($1.00)
*Make sure it has at least 2 sheets of orange, 4 sheets of black, 2 sheets of brown, and 1 sheet of red.*
1 Glue stick ($1.00)
Wrapping paper and tape (I had on hand)
What to do:
- Trace and cut the Snowman's three main body circles from the large sheets of poster paper. Tape them together, over lapping slightly, then tape to wall or door.
- On one piece of black construction paper trace and cut out the following, 3 jar lid sized circles, 2 smaller circles, and 7 circles the size of the glue stick lid.
- Glue the larges 3 circles on the Snowman's "belly", The 2 slightly smaller circles as the eyes, and the 7 small circles as she mouth.
- On the two sheets of brown paper sketch out two 'stick' arms, cut and tape to the middle body section of the Snowman.
- On the orange paper make a total of 12, or more depending on how many people will be at your party, and cut out. Set the noses aside.
- Using wrapping paper, fold and tape into a pouch and tape to the door or wall, and then place noses inside.
Tada.. Pin the nose on the snowman. I will be using the homemade version of double sided tape for the "pin the nose" part of this game. *Homemade double sided tape: Take a inch to two inch piece of tape, make a loop sticky side out and connect.*
Now go out and have some Holiday fun and give out some prizes!!