Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Snowman Games.

Later this week I am having my very first Ugly Christmas Sweater party. This has become a very popular 'trend' as of the past few years so I figured, why not throw my own party. I, being a person of lists, started with food, then games, then prizes, but this post will focus on a game my boyfriend actually came up with.

Now of course, even though it was his idea, I , the crafty one, had to make the game. We looked around for a little while for a Pin the nose on the snowman game at some stores and were met with an average price tag of about $20.00!! With is being the slow season of the year were you have to make your dollar stretch as far as you can I decided to make my own. Now of course I made the decision to make a blog after this project was already done! So I have no "in the making" photos.

This finish product cost me a total of $6.00 (including tax).

Of course as a slightly savvy shopper I purchased all I would need from the dollar store. So here is a list of what you will need for this pin the nose on the snowman.

3 Large sheets of white poster paper ($1.00 each)
1 Package standard construction paper ($1.00) 
*Make sure it has at least 2 sheets of orange, 4 sheets of black, 2 sheets of brown, and 1 sheet of red.*
1 Glue stick ($1.00)
Wrapping paper and tape (I had on hand)

What to do:
  1. Trace and cut the Snowman's three main body circles from the large sheets of poster paper. Tape them together, over lapping slightly, then tape to wall or door.
  2. On one piece of black construction paper trace and cut out the following, 3 jar lid sized circles, 2 smaller circles, and 7 circles the size of the glue stick lid.
  3. Glue the larges 3 circles on the Snowman's "belly", The 2 slightly smaller circles as the eyes, and the 7 small circles as she mouth.
  4. On the two sheets of brown paper sketch out two 'stick' arms, cut and tape to the middle body section of the Snowman.
  5. On the orange paper make a total of 12, or more depending on how many people will be at your party, and cut out. Set the noses aside.
  6. Using wrapping paper, fold and tape into a pouch and tape to the door or wall, and then place noses inside.
Tada.. Pin the nose on the snowman. I will be using the homemade version of double sided tape for the "pin the nose" part of this game. *Homemade double sided tape: Take a inch to two inch piece of tape, make a loop sticky side out and connect.*

Now go out and have some Holiday fun and give out some prizes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment